RISING GENERATIONS LEAD
(with 1.5 days as Diocesan Youth & Children’s Mission & Ministry Enabler)
An exciting and unique opportunity to lead and develop mission and discipleship with youth and children at a lively and growing city centre resource church planted from Holy Trinity Brompton in October 2014 AND to play a central role in pioneering the development of work with children and young people across the Diocese of Lincoln.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and skilled practitioner with a strong and vibrant faith, a proven ability to turn vision into action and a track record of building great teams and communicating effectively in order to see children and young people encounter the LOVE of God, learn to LIVE more like Jesus and confidently GO in the power of the Spirit to see lives and communities transformed.
If you have a passion and experience in working with youth and children – we would encourage you to apply!
Please return the application form and a CV to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 23:59pm on Tuesday 4th July 2017
if you would like to discuss the role further, please call jim on 01522 536451
If you would like to apply, have any questions, would like more information or could do with just chatting through some possibilities, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Friday 30th June
Discipleship Year 2017/18
Who is it for?
We would love to invite you to join the adventure here at St. Swithins, Lincoln from September 2017 to July 2018 by joining our discipleship year programme. It’s a great opportunity for a school leaver, a graduate leaver or anyone else just wanting to set aside some time to serve the church, discover your gifts and call and to have people invest in you, as well as the opportunity to be a part of a lively and growing city centre resourcing church in the heart of Lincoln.
What will you be investing?
You will spend 3.5 days a week with us (including Sundays and Tuesdays) where:
-You’ll have one main stream that you’ll serve in (see options below), but have opportunity to gain experience in a couple of others.
– You’ll be a part of our Sunday service teams (serving at 6 out of 12 services a month).
-You’ll be responsible for your own spiritual life and commit to deepening your relationship with God throughout year.
-You’ll muck in with the team on the small everyday tasks as well as on the bigger projects and planting of services.
What will we invest in you?
-Theological training streamed from St Mellitus
- Training in transformational leadership
- Opportunity to attend Focus, Conferences and any other relevant training to your role
- You’ll be part of the staff team which means encouragement, support, banter and joining in with staff gatherings.
– We’ll help you find a mentor for the year
– An opportunity to go on mission trip to Africa (you’ll need to find some funds for this)
-Experience working for church, developing your gifts and skills, pushing you out of your comfort zone in a safe environment
Medai & Production
Home (our work with the street community, clothing bank and prison Alpha)
The more boring but never the less important details:
– The year will run from September 2017 till the end of Focus 2018
– You’ll be a volunteer, rather than employees, it’ll be a relationship of mutual trust rather than contract.
-Its free but you will not receive financial support from St.Swithin’s.
- You’ll need to find accommodation, there might be someone in church to put you up and we will try and help but but we cant be held responsible for this.
- You may need to find a part time job to support yourself through the year and we will work with you to try and fit church work around your employment.
-Your week will involve varied daytime, evening and weekend hours.
– You will be encouraged to take 20 days holiday during the year plus public holidays.
– The Plan is subject to change throughout the year.